Import Email from Outlook / Hotmail to Gmail
Yesterday I have call from my friend as he need my help to import all emails from his recently used Outlook.com account mail to his newly created Gmail account. After searching on Internet I see that on internet there are a number of articles for how to import your email from Gmail Account to Outlook, but no any clear instructions for importing the outlook (hotmail) mail to Gmail.
After checking Gmail account setting I found that it’s very easy to migrate mail from Outloook to Gmail.
Follow below simple step and relax by import your all existing mail to Gmail Account
- 1. Log into your new Gmail account and click the gear icon and choose the Settings.
- 2. In the Settings tabs, click on 4th tab "Accounts and Import"
- 3. In Next step look at Check mail from other accounts (using POP3), click "Add a POP3 mail account you own"
- 4. Put an email address in the Email Address Textbox to get email from that account and press next step button.
- 5. Add your Outlook.com mail account username and password.
- 6. Check – uncheck other option if you want to leave a copy of retrieved message on the Outlook account.
- 7. If you getting connection error, you need to enable POP connection on Outlook.com. to activate Go to your Outlook.com settings, click on "Connect devices and apps with POP" and make it enable Pop.